Monday, June 9, 2008

Does Surry Ring a Bell?

Over the weekend Hannah and I did some east coast VA stuff like Busch Gardens, Norfolk, and the famous Virginia Diner.  Although it took us quite a while to find this diner, we got so lost that we were eventually 15 minutes from Michael Vick's dogfighting house.  No joke.  If we had made a right in downtown Surry and then a left on this other road we would have been right there.  Unreal, wish I had known I was near it before I got lost.  It's actually an anomaly, like the Matrix, that he got caught.  The houses are so remote from each other out there.

Anyways so I am starting to play basketball a little bit.  I really like it now that I understand the game and the positions and stuff.  I kind of think of myself as a pure shooter, like Ray Allen only not as good.  I pick and pop, or roll, whatever I feel like.  I like to set up and shoot, or pull up.  I don't drive to the basket only because my ball handling skills aren't that great.  I try to get open with screens and stuff.  I balled this 9 year old back in Richmond over the weekend at my girlfriend's pool.  I schooled him bad.  He went running back to the pool to go swim in the shallow end.  I was pulling up from everywhere and lay ups never seemed so easy.  It felt great.

So the kid that's living with me for right now bought a pair of these Lebron James shoes, but he's way too afraid to wear them.  He brought them out for about an hour the other day and then put them back in the box because he was afraid to wear them in the grass.  The shoes are tight though, they say King on one of them and James on the other.

One last thing, I gotta talk about these Padres camo uniforms.  I mean, who are they kidding?  Are they trying to hide from someone?  What's next?  Cotton uniforms like in Seinfeld?  It's not even like San Diego is a "southern" city where many residents would be wearing camo as their daily clothing.  I think they are the ugliest uniform in the major leagues.

No comments: